Mechanical Designer / Drafter / Solidworks
Doherty Career Solutions is currently hiring a Mechanical Designer to join an expanding manufacturing company in Brooklyn Park, MN. The Mechanical Designer position is responsible for assisting Engineers in the design of custom and configured products and the primary person responsible for creating CAD related documentation used to define said products.
The 60 year old company provides extensive lines of architectural building products sold to building owners, contractors and subcontractors operating around the world and delivered direct to the construction site. The Company truly values serving the greater good; environmental and social responsibility has always been a core and fundamental value. As an active member of the US Green Building Council and its regional chapter, The Company has made significant investments in achieving sustainability in both its products and its operations. Whether we are implementing new recycling programs, contributing to local charities, or allocating days off to our employees for local community service, The Company truly values serving the greater good.
Mechanical Designer Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Solidworks CAD software to create and maintain models and drawings of manufactured and purchased product
- Works closely with Engineer to provide design input for new products and product enhancements
- Take rough concepts and ideas as provided by an Engineer and determine the lower level details with very little guidance from the cognizant Engineer
- Maintaining an organized file system for production and sales documentation per company SOP's
- Maintaining file integrity as it relates to accessing and storing files in PDM per company SOP's
- Associates degree in Design/Drafting
- Mechanical Design/Drafting experience
- Experience using Solidworks CAD software
ContactTo apply for the Mechanical Designer role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Mechanical Designer position, please call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-3576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers