IT Program Manager
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
IT Portfolio Management, Program and Project Management and Business Analysis
Responsibility for these functions for both the Gaming Enterprise and Community Enterprises
Has primary responsibility for the IT Project and Portfolio management process for both the Gaming Enterprise and Community Enterprises. Aligns the priorities of this portfolio with the needs of each operating unit and the overall strategic priorities of the enterprise. Balances the portfolio with the available IT and business unit's resources. Balances the project priorities and IT resources across both the Gaming Enterprise and Community Enterprise to serve the needs of both. Also has primary responsibility for the IT "project intake" process.
Develops and maintains strong customer relationships with key business stakeholders at all levels, including Directors and Executives throughout the Gaming Enterprise and Community Enterprises.
Provides leadership and day to day guidance to project management and business analysis staff including serving as point of escalation for project roadblocks. Plans, executes, and finalizes programs/projects according to strict deadlines within the associated budget. Includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, third party contractors, and/or consultants, in order to deliver program/project initiatives according to plan. Defines program/project objectives and ensures overall quality of services being delivered. Align resources between the Information Technology department and the business division(s) to establish project and program timelines. Ensures effective communication with all stakeholders regarding status of programs/projects.
Has primary responsibility for vendor interaction related to projects in conjunction with business leaders and IT leadership. This includes; vendor assessment and selection, contract negotiations, dispute resolution, and resource management.
Leads the definition of a standard program and project management process. This includes standard tools and processes for each type of project to ensure consistency and repeatability. This also includes the periodic re-evaluation of this process for improvements.
- Creates and maintains the IT Project Portfolio by understanding the needs of each operating unit/business area and aligning the IT portfolio with the strategies, requirements, and priorities of each of those entities.
- Performs program management by proactively working with Vice President of Information Technology ensuring programs and projects align with strategic goals.
- Builds and maintains working relationship with Business partners.
- Runs multiple complex projects that align with program goals and priorities from design and development to production, with special emphasis on task and resource management. Monitors, documents, and reports status of assigned programs/projects to stakeholders. Plans and schedules program: priorities, dependencies, milestones, deliverables, goals, and constraints.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning. Ensures program/projects are following defined quality control/quality assurance measures. Efficiently identifies and solves program/project issues.
- Coordinate with managers to establish goals, plans, objectives and priorities that support the IT department's technology plan and vision. Develop teamwork consciousness among assigned personnel to attain department objectives. Train, coach, and motivate staff. Coordinate with management and Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels. Meet team goals. Communicate with other supervisors and managers. Establish and support a positive work environment based on mutual respect, honesty, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Supervise area operations in accordance with company policies and procedures, and apply said policies in all employee interaction. Create shift schedules, including: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, absent employee back-ups, and shift rotations. Plan workloads and rosters, and delegate tasks. Monitor and report on team performance. Conduct (with manager) probationary and annual performance review for each employee, and recommend retraining, transfer, or termination. Schedule and conduct team meetings. Provide quality control. Anticipate and determine causes of operational delays, and take appropriate action to meet schedules.
- Handle problems or complaints, and make adjustments as necessary. Provide analysis for improvements. Operate within standard Operating Level Agreements. Report promptly to department management when delays occur, estimate time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Define, maintain, and continually improves a standard project management process, including tools and templates to ensure projects and resources assigned to it are optimized.
- Complete relevant paperwork. Assist in production, as necessary. Ensure a clean and safe work area. Provide documentation for internal audit and compliance reports. Maintain 24x7 availability to address critical business and/or IT issues.
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and network experience to equal 10 years.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in areas of planning, implementation, administration, troubleshooting, and documentation of network solutions integration.
- Familiar with service management processes.
- Experience working with business owners and employees to help drive significant improvements in business performance.
- Provide clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the company.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead employees and translate the vision of the company into actionable plans.
- Work up, down and across the organization as a team player.