Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides chiropractic treatment for patients; including SMSC Community members and their families, SMSC employees and their families, and Native Americans living in Scott County, in a clinic setting. Diagnosis and treats acute, chronic, and long-term neuro-musculoskeletal conditions. Teaches and counsels patients regarding prescribed medical treatments and also emphasizes wellness and injury prevention.
- Provide patients with a thorough physical examination which includes a health history, review of physical complaints, laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging, and other diagnostic interventions as needed to determine the patient's condition.
- Review and discuss patient-specific treatment methodologies available and treatment plan options in an effort to determine which treatment is best suited for the patient's condition.
- Provide manual therapies to include spinal manipulations or joint adjustments, nutritional, dietary, and lifestyle counseling; physiotherapy, physical medicine, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Evaluate and document patient progress and adjust treatment if necessary as indicated.
- Document the examination, diagnosis, treatment plan, prognosis, and any relevant medical information for each patient within the confidential patient record.
- Provides health education opportunities for staff on various health-related topics as requested.
- Refer patients for other medical services to other health care providers as needed.
- Oversees the work performed by the Chiropractic Assistants and provides direction and supervision as needed.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Special projects as assigned by the Wellness Administrator.
- Successful completion of the degree of Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) from an accredited college or university.
- Must be currently licensed as a Licensed Chiropractor by and in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
The hours of that clinic are M-F 7a-7p and Saturday 8-1. This candidate must be flexible to work during those times.
Chiropractic applicant would have a minimum of 5 years chiropractic experience and in good standing with the boards. Looking for a strong chiropractic adjusting skill set, along with specialties of pediatrics, nutrition, nutrition response testing, and acupuncture. Additional language is also a plus.