Business Intelligence Analyst-SMSC
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $63,000 plus - based on qualifications
Provides financial and business related analysis and research to the enterprise by preparing financial models, revenue and expense performance comparisons, marketing and promotion analysis, profitability analysis, return on investment/discounted cash flow analysis, rate of return, what-if scenarios, and capital investment analysis.
Assists management in formulating future business strategies and tactics to improve operational performance by providing recommendations based on the analysis performed. Should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment working both independently and cross-functionally to drive action across the organization with the Enterprise Directors, Finance and Marketing to deliver core analytics to Tribal Administration via reporting, dashboards, CRM and other financial models.
Assists Marketing to develop collaborative partnerships across Enterprises and SMSC to achieve results and improve financial performance for a variety of revenue generating divisions including but not limited to retail and specialized industry groups. Demonstrates sound business judgment, ability to develop functional business relationships and be effective in communication efforts when delivering a developmental plan based on data findings. This specific role focuses on new/innovative product opportunities. Must have a strong analytical background, strong business intuition to guide their analysis and ability to synthesize and make recommendations based on imperfect data.
- Assists Marketing to develop collaborative partnerships across Enterprises and SMSC to achieve results and improve financial performance for a variety of revenue generating divisions including but not limited to retail and specialized industry groups. Makes recommendations and assists in improving performance by evaluating current strategies to drive revenue, suggesting new processes to drive efficiencies, evaluating ROI for marketing and other programs, reviewing pricing strategies, determining ROI of capital investments and new project implementations.
- Monitors performance indicators, highlights trends and analyzes causes of unexpected variance against established profitability measures and defined goals and targets and provides recommendations for improvement to management for decision making purposes.
- Extracts information, prepares consolidated forecasts, analyzes trends, and conducts impact analysis for the enterprises business units in the areas of revenue, cost of sales, labor, and other operating expenses and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support enterprise planning, forecasting and strategic planning initiatives.
- Performs necessary financial analysis and valuation models in support of company acquisition activities including scenario modeling, and other financial due diligence analysis, and risk assessment associated with a specific investment opportunity.
- Researches industry trends and competitors and provides insight on potential impacts to our business operations.
- Assists in preparing Board, management, and divisional reporting packages, including summaries, analytical support, and graphs and charts.
- Assists with special financial and business related research and reporting and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses for assigned special projects.
- Utilizes a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports and provides input on improving source data.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years experience or ten years of professional equivalency in working with advanced database applications and spreadsheets.
- Minimum of two years in advanced functions in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, ability to handle large amounts of data).
- Minimum of one year working in or with a marketing department
- Preferred Gaming Database experience, not required
- Minimum of one year experience in SQL Server Management Studio and/or business
- Minimum of one year working in or with a finance department
- Business intelligence tools and/or Database querying. Preferred SSRS16.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable interacting with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a self-directed environment and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft products specifically Excel, Access, Word, Power Point and financial software packages as needed. Experience with Dynamic GP accounting software is preferred.