Personal Trainer - Aquatics
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: commission
The purpose of this position is to contribute to membership sales and retention, to service members with a personal and specific fitness program, to ensure safety regulations are adhered to, to provide service enhancements, to assist in activity and class programming, and to assist with the cleanliness and maintenance of the fitness area and equipment.
- Actively pursues personal training clients and recruits members and guests into activities and events.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Provides on the floor instruction and assistance while ensuring visual cleanliness and order. Monitors and educates members on the use of incentive programming and workout cards. Understands technical usage of equipment and communicates training methods effectively. Ensures each individual is exercising correctly by monitoring the fitness area with constant circulation.
- Ensures safety regulations are adhered to within all areas.
- Provides service enhancements to members and guests. Assists members with questions, concerns, and directions. Aware of member goals and provides instructional input to assist in achieving goals. Motivates members to continue on the health program.
- Assists in programming, marketing and promotion as designated by Fitness Manager. Distributes marketing and promotional information to communicate events to members and guests. Assists with group personal training classes as qualified. Communicates weekly with Fitness Manager to provide updates on activities. Collects fees via computer (POS) or manual sales invoice.
- Conducts new client assessments and follow-up phone calls. Contacts new clients by phone after an assessment to monitor progress and ensure goals are met.
- College degree in a related field or be working towards a degree field (sport science, exercise physiology, human performance, etc.) and/or have a certification from ACE, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, or NATA.
- Basic knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and kinesiology
- Working knowledge of machine weights, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, and other resistance training tools
- Working knowledge of fitness assessment protocols and testing procedures.
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- On feet or standing 100% of shift.