Construction Services Manager
We are looking for someone with a strong desire to break free from normal, daily routine. If you are looking for new and exciting challenges, this position would be a perfect fit. Candidates who have the inner drive to contribute to the growth of our transportation group and firm by identifying and securing opportunities through effective leadership and management of projects while working with and supported by an excellent and diverse team is who we are looking to lead this group.
- Perform both in the office and in the field on contract administration duties including plan development, interpretation, budget management, schedule management, record keeping, change negotiations, quality and project documentation.
- Responsible for contact with clients, residents, contractors, public agencies, and utility companies.
- Manage and deliver successful projects while performing field visits, verify compliance with the plans and specifications, prepare pay estimates, and produce project documentation for private, municipal, county, DOT and federal projects.
- Assist supervisors and employees with time management and short-term workload planning.
- Responsible for employee development and career pathing. Providing ongoing coaching and feedback while ensuring over all vision and brand integration of staff.
- Sustain and enhance technical expertise in the areas of Project Management and Construction Services.
- Identify business opportunities within Metro Region Business Development group and/or Project Management and Construction service areas.
- Work with Transportation Principals to prioritize business development pursuits including specific clients and specific projects.
- Lead external business development pursuits including client reconnaissance (research) and strategy worksheets, assist in GO/NO-GO decisions on specific opportunities, and lead proposal development including the role as pursuit champion, lead writer and editor, and/or proposal contributor.
- Responsible for Quality Control and Assurances while leading and managing the planning, scheduling, budgets and performance of multiple engineering projects
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited college.
- 10 plus years of municipal or transportation engineering experience and construction management experience related to municipal and transportation related construction projects
- Must understand contracts, plans, special provisions and documents as related to roadway and bridge construction and have a functional understanding and ability to learn contract administration and project management software
- 4 or more years of experience with knowledge of material properties, MnDOT specifications and contract administration practices, prior design/build experience and Field Ops
- Business development experience
- Must possess valid drivers' license.