Contract Health Coordinator - PT
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides administrative support under general supervision for the Indian Health Services (IHS) program and Contract Health Services for Native Americans living in Scott County.
- Meets with IHS services applicants and gathers information to determine eligibility for Direct Care provided by SMSC Health clinics or payment for Contract Health services provided by non-IHS providers.
- Serves as the primary contact person for all prospective IHS recipients and completes the intake interview.
- Makes the determination concerning each applicant's eligibility for services and confers with the Health Administrator on eligibility questions as needed.
- Establishes and maintains records for IHS applicants and recipients and also maintains up to date enrollment records. Enters related data into RPMS.
- Communicates with IHS representatives, SMSC Health clinics staff, non-IHS providers, as well as representatives from public and private health insurance agencies as needed to coordinate payment for services.
- Develops and submits periodic reports as required and ensures their accuracy and timely submission.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years experience processing contract health benefits.
- Knowledge of electronic health records and third party billing systems.
- Experience working with medicare programs.
- Experience with accounting principles and posting insurance payments.
- Strong computer skills to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
This position may require occasional weekends and holidays.Preferred Requirements:
- Medical Records Experience