Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $24.13 - $27.15 / hr based on qualifications
Performs a diversity of work on low voltage electrical systems, radio communication, and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to include: planning, installations, preventative maintenance, service calls, trouble shooting, cable infrastructure, and server based data programming for all CCTV cameras, digital/server recording equipment for SMSC businesses.
- Administration, programming, support, and maintenance of the Surveillance Department's Networked Digital Video Recording System (NVR).
- Installs, terminates, maintains, and relocates low-voltage CCTV related equipment and cable/wire infrastructure.
- Administration and license support for digital NVR's, encoders, servers, and Raid 5 components.
- Manages and maintains all radio communication equipment.
- Generates and updates CCTV equipment documentation.
- Repairs electronic equipment to component level as necessary.
- Completes tasks and projects as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Two year degree in Electronics, Computer Science, and/or equivalent preferred.
- Two years' minimum experience in electronics-related field.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards, and components.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation, electrical blueprints, and basic use of Computer Aided Drafting Software (CAD).
- Basic understanding and/or training on radio communication equipment.
- Must possess and/or be able to obtain Power Limited Technician License within 1 year of employment.
- Understanding and working knowledge of PC's AD/NT administration, switches and networking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend information and ideas in spoken and written English so others will understand.
- Not related to, or involved with, any team members in a cash-handling area.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Work requires pulling cable and wires, using hand/power tools, working in awkward positions that include frequent bending. Technicians stand and walk for extended periods and often climb and work on ladders and hydraulic scissor lifts. Must be able to lift and handle items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to summer heat and winter conditions.