Lead iOS Engineer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A LEAD iOS ENGINEER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Mobile Developer, iOS Developer
Come help the Target apps team build the next generation app platform for shopping, e-commerce, and loyalty! You'll leverage the latest in UIKit, location services, and a strong team to build a best-in-class native experience.
About This Opportunity
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The challenges and scale are big. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies and capabilities. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you'll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back.
Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team.
As a Lead iOS Engineer you will:
- Explore new technologies in the retail and mobile space
- Establish standards and best practices for you and the team to deliver clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Mentor and coach the engineering team and provide work direction
- Collaborate with Product and Design to establish and drive the product vision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent military or industry experience
- 8+ years of experience in software design & development
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for iOS
- Experience developing in Swift
- 3+ years of experience mentoring and giving work direction to Developers
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc)
- Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
- Excellent hands on skills with iOS application development tools, including Objective-C, Cocoa Touch Frameworks and Xcode
- Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
- Strong sense of software architecture and ability to thrive large codebases on large teams
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience integrating social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- A mastery of UIKit, CoreAnimation, and Foundation Libraries
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
- Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
- Experience building native apps and hybrid apps
- Experience with design/development/use of analytics and tracking solutions (e.g., Signal, Flurry, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile methodology