Lead Analyst BI & Analytics
JOIN US AS A LEAD ANALYST BI&ASimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: Business Intelligence, AnalystGather and analyze data, using a variety of technologies, to solve complex problems, evaluate scenarios, predict future outcomes, make recommendations, and support decision making.Use your skills, experience, judgment and talents to be a part of innovative thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Analyst BI&A, you'll take the lead as you…
- Work in a team, interfacing with Target business clients, analytical and technical teams.
- Understand the pricing and promotion business process, the underlying business rules, and the systems supporting the process, from a standpoint of knowing the sources and flow of data, its accuracy, limitations, and opportunities for improvement.
- Educate clients on what generally can be achieved with analytics, and propose solutions.
- Listen to a business need or question, interact with business clients to clarify needs, and influence the definition if there are better ways to achieve a solution.
- Determine best method to gather, model, manipulate and present data. Gather business requirements and translate business questions into requirements.
- Query databases and create information layers to support metrics and reports, and analytical layers to support analytics and machine learning algorithms.
- Use open source tools to create automated reports, from extracting and processing data, to visualization utilizing Target supported tools.
- Use a programming language to perform transformations, analysis and recommendations.
- Performs statistical analysis to support business needs. Anticipates clients' future and ongoing needs.
- Communicate to clients the results of analysis, shares knowledge and findings, and make recommendations. Create analysis business clients understand and find compelling, based on sound economic rationale. Ensures correct interpretation of results, providing appropriate detail.
- Documents analytical methodologies used in the execution of analytical request projects.
- Translate scientific methodology to business terms, providing guidance and assistance to others in translation.
- Masters preferred, BA/BS required.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in a field related to analysis and information systems and technologies (e.g. quantitative related degree).
- Querying ability in traditional and open source database environments (e.g., SQL, Hive).
- Desirable to have Hadoop stack technologies experience relevant to automating a solution (e.g., Oozie, Kafka topics).
- Desirable to have ability to program in analytical environments: e.g., Python, R using libraries and packages.
- Understand and apply math in programming: intermediate statistics, modeling.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consultative ability.