Executive Education at the Opus College of Business, University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of program developer.
Working under the direction of a program director, the program developer applies extensive knowledge of the curriculum development process, various learning formats, instructional methods, and best practices in adult learning to create high-quality, business-oriented, leadership-development-focused educational programs that meet the learning-and-development needs of working adults.
Programs may be offered in open-enrollment (public) or custom formats and may be delivered via traditional classroom-based instruction, online, or through blended curricula.
Working under the direction of a program director and, in some cases, a lead faculty member associated with a program, the program developer is responsible for collaborating on the establishment of program learning objectives based on market or client requirements, participating in the review and selection of qualified faculty members (drawn from the University’s faculty and adjunct pools), and working as a team member to ensure curricular continuity throughout an integrated educational program.
- Program Development/Curriculum Development: Develops open-enrollment or custom educational programs that meet market or client requirements; identifies learning objectives; designs program curriculum using best practices of adult learning, participates in the recruitment, review, and selection of qualified faculty, initiates and provides appropriate leadership in curriculum planning meetings; acts as a primary contact for faculty related to program curriculum to ensure deliverables are clear and quality standards of instruction are maintained
- Client/Account Management: Consults with internal and external clients on needs assessment, learning objectives, and curriculum design of custom educational programs; collaborates with faculty members, program managers, and clients in the collection and analysis of evaluation data that demonstrates the educational effectiveness of programs; interacts with custom Executive Education client organizations to assess opportunities for program re-design and/or further business; works under the guidance of a program director on the sale of custom programs to ensure the flawless delivery of appropriate programs and services
- Program Support and Special Projects: Advises the Director of Open Enrollment on promotion for new or re-designed open enrollment programs; for newly-developed or re-designed programs, collaborates with program managers on requirements related to program execution; possesses strong project planning skills, manages multiple projects simultaneously and communicates to key stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Team: Effectively works with internal and external partners including, but not limited to, program directors, program managers, faculty members, clients, and other university staff to deliver high-value programs to adult learners
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications: Must have a bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related field with 3-5 years of experience in a curriculum development or training role, preferably in a business environment or university setting. Aptitude for the application of adult learning principles in multiple learning formats (classroom, online, and blended) is required.
Preferred Qualifications: A master’s degree in business, education, HRD, OD, or similar field preferred.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Analyze educational needs and make recommendations regarding curriculum, instructional methods, and delivery format
- Work effectively with a variety of people from all areas of the University and business community
- Skilled in presentation and facilitation
- Detail orientation and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to handle a variety of simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Draw accurate conclusions from financial, statistical, and environmental scanning data
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer