Director of Admissions
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Director of Admissions position within the Enrollment Services Department.
The Director of Admissions reports directly to the VP for Enrollment Management and oversees all recruitment activities involving four year freshmen and transfer students, including awareness, application evaluation, admissions events, applications processing, and yield marketing and communications. The Director of Admissions works closely with the VP to identify, establish and implement innovative recruitment and financial aid strategies designed to achieve university enrollment goals with regard to academic quality, diversity, headcount and net revenue goals.
She/he provides leadership to a dedicated and committed staff of professionals, numbering in excess of 20. The Director of Admissions uses analytics and data analysis to make informed, strategic decisions, using current technology to achieve maximum results while also employing a “personalized” recruitment model to expand the university’s recruitment footprint. The Director of Admissions possesses a strategic mindset, inspires staff while exhibiting a collegial, team-building management style. This individual collaborates with faculty, staff, coaches, and alumni to deploy a marketing plan that is consistent with the university’s brand efforts to attract high-ability students from diverse populations who will be successful students and proud graduates of the University of St. Thomas. The Director of Admissions must collaborate with all other degree and non-degree programs (including the Alumni Office) across campus to maximize University image, peresence, engagement, and enrollment.
Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
1. In partnership with the VP for Enrollment Management, develops and implements annual and long-range recruitment efforts, including marketing, branding, communications, application development, yield strategies and participates in the formation of financial aid strategies designed to achieve optimum enrollment of first-year and transfer students, and establishes and monitors the annual budget. Develops and implements plans for the recruitment of students who meet or exceed standards with regard to academic quality, diversity, headcount and net revenue goals established by the VP in consultation with the university’s senior leadership team.
2. Collaborates with the Analytics and Insights team to utilize analytics, data analysis and reports to make informed and effective enrollment management decisions, conveys results to staff in a collaborative fashion to keep the Office of Admissions focused on moving forward towards attainment of institutional objectives. Develops written marketing, communication and recruitment plans in cooperation with the VP and Marketing, Insights and Communication team; educates admission staff and insures that the team supports these efforts.
3. Provides leadership, inspires, supervises, hires, trains and directs the combined efforts of first-year, transfer, and visits and events staff. Develops the team to be proactive in seeking solutions to the challenges faced in a highly competitive environment and finding creative ways to use technology (esp. Salesforce) to do so. Creates and maintains the highest standards of integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity and professional ethics both personally and with all Enrollment Management staff.
4. Works with offices and individuals across campus and alumni engaged in the identification and recruitment of prospective students; demonstrates and nurtures collegial relationships within Enrollment Management and with constituents across campus; leads the admissions committee that make decisions regarding student applications; is accountable, visible and openly communicates with prospective students, their families, faculty, staff and internal and external stakeholders.
5. Works collaboratively with the Director of Financial Aid to annually develop, implement and review financial aid strategies and scholarship programs that support recruitment goals while strategically allocating university financial resources.
6. Serves as the chief admissions officer, both on and off-campus; participates in regional and national professional development opportunities to stay informed of best practices within Enrollment Management and to positively represent the university.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and seven years of direct admissions experience. Night and weekend work required. Travel required.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in a relevant field, and proven ability to manage programs effectively and with positive results.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer