Heavy Equipment Operator
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.52 - $18.00 / hr based on qualifications
Operates landscaping and construction heavy equipment; ensuring landscaping and snow removal projects are completed to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for guests and team members. Maintains the property traffic and directional functionality through painting, maintenance, and installation of traffic control devices in the roadways, parking lots, and parking garages.
- Operates all heavy landscaping and construction equipment for large-scale landscaping, snow removal, and operational functions. Operates street sweeping equipment. Driving is an essential function of this job. Employees must adhere to the driving standards determined by the SMSC.
- Completes maintenance and preventative maintenance of parking facilities to include sweeping, scrubbing, pressure washing, sealing of decks, and other routine maintenance.
- Performs outdoor striping/painting of parking lots, garages, and roadways, throughout SMSC-owned property. Lays out new or re-striped areas and removes lines.
- Operates specialized equipment such as trenchers, edgers, sod cutters, and chain saws for landscape repairs and maintenance. Plants, prunes, and fertilizes all trees, shrubs, and flowers, and mixes and applies chemicals to turf areas.
- Supports other Enterprise departments, non-gaming businesses, and the Community with special projects such as setting up, striping, and signing temporary parking areas.
- Provides traffic control for special events, including placing and removing signs, cones, and barricades.
- Maintains and repairs equipment. Assists fleet as needed including performing welding, fabrication, and repairs on vehicles and equipment.
- Must possess a valid Class "B" driver's license and good driving record or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment.
- A combination of two years experience in landscape or heavy construction equipment.
- High School graduate or GED.
- One year of experience operating snow plow equipment inlcuding heavy construction equipment.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and preventative maintenance on small and large equipment; electrical and battery operated equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Temperature extremes - As related to climate conditions. May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Requires use of scissor lift and fork lift. Schedule to change based on weather including mandatory 12-hour shifts. Preferred experience - striping, property maintenance (ie. cement filling) and snow removal