Winery General Manager Job Description—
Dancing Dragonfly Winery is a family-owned winery located in St. Croix Falls, WI. We are dedicated to making some of the best wine the Midwest has to offer. We are an innovative, fast-growing winery that offers competitive salary and benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for General Manager. The General Manager is part of a three-person, Senior Management decision-making team, and is responsible for all aspects of winery management. We use a close knit, highly collaborative approach to management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is personable, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Understands profit/loss statements and related reporting;
- Is able to work with Microsoft Excel and Word.\;
- Be able to manage time well, including task prioritization;
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks well;
- Has relevant managerial experience. Ideally:
- At least 2 years of retail management;
- At least 2 years’ financial reporting responsibility; and
- Experience in managing wine production.
Duties of the General Manager:
- Work with owners and department heads in developing annual strategic plan;
- Be responsible for all day-to-day activities at the winery;
- Maintain the Senior Management Agenda for a weekly meeting; and
- Manage implementation of senior management decisions by Department Managers
- Annually, work with department managers in developing and proposing yearly department budget;
- Annually, work with winery owners and department heads to finalize and approve yearly overall budget;
- Assist all staff in managing to budget; and
- Manage Comprehensive Pricing on an annual basis.
- Manage nine direct reports (department heads);
- Manage weekly department meetings;
- Assist department managers in achieving their goals on a continuing basis; and
- Oversee the hiring/firing of winery staff, including managing the interview process.
Compensation: Aside from salary, the General Manager participates in the senior management bonus, based on cash gains earned for the year.