Director of Medical Billing
Director of Medical Billing- Burnsville, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with our leading client to hire a Director of Medical Billing. The Director of Medical Billing with manage overall policies, objectives, and processes surrounding pricing, billing, claim submission, and collections.
*Direct Hire Opportunity
· Lead and supervise a team of billing specialists who are responsible for creating claims, processing and posting EOBs, submitting enrollments and managing eligibility and authorizations, reconciling claim denials, patient collections, refunds and tracking systems.
· Organize workflows, supervise day-to-day activities, and ensure that billing deadlines are met and payments are maximized.
· Track customer contact information, monitor and implement efficient policies and practices for managing and monitoring payment plans and delinquent accounts.
· Maintains billing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Work in partnership with the members of the Executive Team, including the President, Strategic Planner, Director of HR, Director of Clinical Services, and Director of Finance.
· Maintaining a working knowledge of insurance carriers, payers and processes utilized within the revenue cycle.
· Performing daily analysis of accounts receivable and cash collections
· Working with current teams to concentrate resources on improving interdepartmental processes to reduce denials and enhance patient accounting operations in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow.
· Developing and maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards over A/R records and collection of cash and maintain compliance standards for providing accurate information on all claims.
· Overseeing and evaluating the clinical services’ billing operations to ensure compliance with appropriate procedures and applicable laws, regulations and policies.
· Analyzing changes to coding and billing rules and regulations by utilizing appropriate reference materials, internet sources, seminars and publications. Executes on work plans to adapt systems and processes to accommodate changes.
· Coordinate and run annual budget meetings with department managers. Improve revenue results by taking a global view of all clinical and financial processes
· Support general accounting in month-end close process by ensuring financial interface between Revenue Cycle and general ledger, reviewing budget variances and recommending accruals.
· Collaborating with staff for gathering and handling the credentialing applications submission to insurances.
· 5-8 years experience of Billing Management within healthcare
· Mental Health and/or Substance abuse experience is required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Billing or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance