· Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing.
· Figure out how to manufacture parts/products with maximum efficiency.
· Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
· Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems and minimize cost.
· Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production.
· Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
· Confer with Clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects.
· Some travel to observe processes and make assessments in various work settings.
· Bridge between the technical and business side of the organization.
· Supply chain management.
· Assist with quoting.
· Implement a LEAN Manufacturing program and audit/evaluate effectiveness.
· Prove-Out system
· Study product requirement s and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
· Improve ways to distribute goods and services.
· Determine most viable locations for equipment and processes for all locations, best layout of equipment and workspace to increase efficiencies/productivity.
· Create sampling procedures and designs.
· Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
· Study and improve material flow and operational sequence.
· Evaluate effects of product design changes.
· Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Apply for Industrial Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly