Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with an award-winning, full-service design consulting firm in their search for an Electrical Designer in Bemidji, MN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with initial screening by Doherty. Starting pay will be based on skill set and experience level.
Responsible for development of conceptual and detailed designs, coordinating the development of designs with the responsible engineer and client, collecting onsite as-built information as it relates to a given project, interoffice multi-discipline coordination. Daily tasks may include design and coordination of multiple projects as assigned by the Engineer in charge. Interface with clients at a professional level is seldom but required, utilizing communication software and/or one-on-one meetings.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
• Assist the responsible engineer on projects from concept to successful completion.
• Utilize and manage computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD, Revit and Visual.
• Develop project schedules for use throughout the design phase.
• Knowledge of the current National Electric Code (NEC).
• Work day-to-day with other engineering disciplines internal and external of the organization.
• Must be able to accommodate and meet customer demands within deadlines
• Development and issuance of RFP's and RFQ's.
You will be successful if:
• You are a COMMUNICATOR! Collaborating internally with a positive attitude and optimistic approach is crucial to the success of this position.
• You are FORWARD THINKING! With a highly analytical approach to problem solving and great attention to detail, you will have the core competencies to excel in this position.
• You display INITIATIVE! You enjoy a challenge, are adaptable to change, and want to be part of the decision making process.
Education and Experience:
• Formal education in computer-aided design software, or extensive experience with computer-aided design software
• Basic computer skills, including MS Office
• CAD/Revit knowledge and experience, prefer 2-3 years' experience with Revit
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Valid Driver's License and ability to travel on a limited basis
• Ability to work well within a team and build relationships
Qualified individuals should submit a resume to email@example.com or call the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for additional information.