Sales Manager - Local Advertising
Star Tribune is seeking a strong leader to manage the sales efforts of our Local Advertising team. In this key role, you will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and leading revenue opportunities to increase advertising sales using Star Tribune’s broad range of products, ensuring the team consistently meets and exceeds sales and service objectives. In addition, the Sales Manager is responsible for building relationships with key advertising accounts and prospects. The successful candidate will have a strong focus on coaching in the field and direct customer contact.
- Requires a minimum of 3-4 years of sales or management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience in business, sales, communications, or a related field.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising, directing and motivating a sales force while managing revenue performance across key strategic products in a deadline driven work environment.
- Strong sales, planning and business management skills.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills a must.
- Advertising and digital sales experience preferred.