Gulp - Molding Technician
Under the direction of Bait Focus Factory Management, oversees the safety, efficiency, and quality related aspects of the Gulp! Molding Department. Safely performs the essential functions of the job necessary to produce molded Gulp! bait. Assists management with the day-to-day coordination of work/scheduling and the distribution of job assignments. Serves as an hourly leader, coworker trainer and problem solver. Performs machine set-ups, maintains and conducts preventative maintenance on equipment.POSITION RESPONIBILITIES:
1. Operates, performs set-ups, troubleshoots and repairs machines and equipment to ensure safety, product quality and efficiency.
2. Promotes effective employee relations and effectively addresses the concerns of coworkers.
3. Schedules molding equipment and coworker job assignments.
4. Performs preventative maintenance functions and trains coworkers to do.
5. Trains coworkers to safely and effectively operate and PM equipment.
6. Makes routine adjustments to equipment.
7. Supports and reinforces Company Policy and established protocol.
8. Ensures products produced meet or exceed quality standards.
9. Maintains production records and worksheets.
10. Performs product and equipment testing.
11. Practices, promotes and ensures safe workplace behavior, effective machine guarding, and acceptable housekeeping.
12. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques.
13. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
14. Other duties as assigned.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Able to manage multiple priorities.Must be capable of working under minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities to meet demanding timeliness.Must have effective communication and leadership skills, work well with others in a team environment and demonstrate mechanical competencies to effectively troubleshoot machines or equipment.Demonstrate effective discretionary judgment and ability to make minor process decisions associated with safety, efficiency, crewing assignments, correlation of specifications to product quality, etc.
2. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.COMPETENCIES:
1. Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
2. Medium/heavy lifting, must be able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally.Must also be capable of reaching overhead to set up/PM machines and/or remove frozen baits from molders while working in a cool environment.Capable of working inside freezer on an intermittent basis.
3. Ability to apply common sense and to understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to apply rational thought and organization or problem solving to problems involving multiple variables.