Multi Line Extrusion Operator
Position Summary - Performs a variety of estabished functions to mass produce the world's finest assortments of fishing line which must meet all established criteria and attributes.
1. Monitors extruders for continuous operation.
2. Performs mixing operation.
3. Performs set up operations.
4. Maintains operational log on all settings and temperatures of ovens and roll stands.
5. Removes the full spools and positions empties on take-up.
6. Checks lines for roughness, proper test, correct diameter and elongation.
7. Monitors proper level wind and tension on all spools.
8. Performs die changes, braid changes,color changes and material changes.
9. Records all usage of material and makes note of all scrap.
10. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment.
11. Disassembles and reassembles die packs.
12. Maintains safe and orderly workstation.
13. Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
14. Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing and performs select SAP transactions
15. Other duties as assignedREQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Qualifications To perform this job successfully this individual must have a mechanical aptitude. Must be able to follow set recipes and data to produce quality monofilament. Job requires good hand dexterity and coordination. Must support a team style work environment and be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Must be able to work overtime and a 7-day shift operation.
2. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 6-12 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.COMPETENCIES:
1. Physical Ability Will handle spools and materials weighing from 5 to 50 pounds, and move containers weighing 200# using barrel cart. Ability to work under very warm conditions is essential.
2. Reasoning Ability Ability to use good judgment to maximize the most yield possible while maintaining safety.