Sr Specialist Bldg Ops (Maintenance Technician)
Responsible for the maintenance, operations, and repairs of the headquarters properties as directed, including HVAC systems, lighting systems, door hardware, restroom plumbing systems, life safety systems, and the building management system. Responsibilities also include responding to work order requests, utilizing a robust work order system, and teamwork on other special projects as directed.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and maintain the building's HVAC/ BMS systems as required for creature comfort and efficient operations.
- Respond to work requests as required including HVAC hot/cold issues, preventative maintenance tasks, and repairs/ corrective maintenance as needed.
- Perform routine fire system testing, document sprinkler flows, speaker/strobe operations and any operational malfunctions.
- Perform domestic plumbing maintenance and repairs on restroom fixtures, faucets, etc., and maintain parts inventory.
- Performvisual inspections of key areas as required including mechanical areas, executive areas, entrance areas and common areas of the buildings and document/ make repairs as needed.
- Availability for on-call services after normal business hours, including holidays and weekends for emergency repairs.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks on specialty café equipment, Super Target POG equipment, and exercise equipment as needed/ required.
- Perform general area building inspections as required, and document repairs needed and/ or performed.
- Repair/ replace locks, door hardware, adjust door operators, rekey locks, make keys, etc. as requested.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance tools, equipment, supplies, and materials, and replenish as necessary.
- Replace burnt out lighting as needed on the interior and exterior of the buildings, maintain lighting inventory, and adhere to lamp disposal requirements.
- Organize workload. Make determination of and execute high priority requests first, and commit to reasonable time frames for completion of all other requests.
- Perform special projects as required, and/ or directed.
- Responsible for completing required training, and self-development tasks as directed.
- Wear approved uniforms, safety shoes, and comply with the building dress code.
- Comply with all specific safety guidelines, wear appropriate PPE, and follow all procedures.
- Assist with snow and ice removal - shovel, salt, and sand as needed, also document actions on the snow removal check list.
- Maintain all electrical, mechanical, and maintenance shop areas for cleanliness.REPORTING/WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to Sr. Manager Building Operations but, may also take work direction from Chief Engineer(s). Works closely with the rest of the Building Operations team. Interfaces with outside service contractors, vendors, and other internal/ external partners. Must have a good working relationship with all department personnel, contractors, and headquarters team members.
·High school graduate or equivalent.
·Minimum of three years experience in the building maintenance field with a broad base of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building systems.
·Special Low Pressure boiler's license (where required)
·Skilled in the operation of hand and power tools.
·Must have a valid drivers license
·Must be able to lift 50 lbs
·Must be able to work at heights of up to 25'
·Good PC skills especially associated with building management systems, life safety systems, and work order/ preventative maintenance applications.
·Good communication skills, both written and oral.
·Strong organizational skills/ self-starter.
·High degree of diplomacy.
·Must be able to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels within the company.
·Trade school graduate in related field
·Universal CFC License