Construction Site Instructor
The Construction Site Instructor will assist in coordinating building projects and organize their production from start to finish. They are responsible for personnel management, labor tracking, quality control, critical path adherence, and instruction. As instructors, they are responsible for providing industry-specific curriculum development, preparation, presentation and evaluation of classroom and/or lab instruction to meet identified learning objectives of each student. They also partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver seamless services to students and ensure optimal employment training and education outcomes for individuals.
Knowledge & Skills
· Ability to bring relevant industry experiences into the classroom and construction sites for student learning
· Experience with lecture/demonstration, one-on-one instruction, online instruction, and/or hands-on training.
· Ability to design and develop curriculum.
· Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and data base use.
· Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds and across cultures.
· Planning, organizing, coordinating and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently and within a team.
· Adaptive and open to change, flexibility and multi-tasking.
· Residential construction experience to include; knowledge of multiple facets of construction from concrete and rough work to finish work.
· Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record
· 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
· Associate’s degree in a related field/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.