Liquor Store Lead
Liquor Store Lead Position Details
Status: Full-time regular position, non-exempt
Salary: Starts at $17.32 per hour (or higher depending upon qualifications)
Benefits: Qualifies for full-time benefits date of hire
Location: One of the three liquor stores; location to be determined
Hours: Typically 40 hours per week; schedule will vary based on business needs; position requires opening or closing shifts as needed throughout the week, including some weekends.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Liquor Store Manager
The Liquor Store Operations generate nearly $12 million in sales annually providing about $1 million in profits that go back to the City. The operations strive to provide exceptional customer service which includes controlling the sale of alcoholic beverages and serving as a knowledgeable resource for the products that we sell. The profits generated by the liquor stores are used to fund several City projects including the pavement management program, facility maintenance and replacement of playground equipment.
The Liquor Store Lead supports the overall liquor store operations by creating an enjoyable shopping experience for our customers by educating customers on products and merchandise and earning profits that go back to the community. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Provides leadership assistance in the absence of assistant store manager and store manager by giving work direction to part-time employees; securing cash, receipts, and facilities; opening and closing the store.
- Provides a pleasant shopping experience by welcoming customers in the store, answering questions, making smooth transactions and resolving customer issues in a timely manner;
- Educates customers on products and merchandise so buyers can make an informed decision; is a “go-to” person for others.
- Fosters a constructive environment for shoppers to view and purchase items by positioning product on shelves and shifting merchandise to an appealing location; ensures the store’s presentation and safety is held to a high standard by cleaning, stocking shelves and completing light custodial work or delegating and assigning these tasks to others.
- Enforces policies, procedures and laws related to selling liquor (i.e. selling liquor to individuals that are 21 years of age and older and refusing to sell to intoxicated consumers, etc.).
- Promotes an efficient, effective and accurate product workflow by checking in shipments, completing cycle counts, organizing stockrooms, transferring product from store to store, inputting invoices and tracking inventory.
- Must maintain a MN driver’s license and excellent driving record.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
Work Experience: Minimum of three years of work experience in a retail setting required; previous key holder, lead or assistant management experience in retail establishment preferred; liquor store retail experience preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to reconcile cash and receipts, obtain knowledge of cash register and point-of-sale procedures and increase product knowledge in order to better assist customers.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift/pull/push/move/carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis. The ability to bend/stand/reach is also required.
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the shared expectations: Customer Focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Results Orientation, Public Stewardship, and Teamwork.
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; proofreads materials and makes necessary revisions before viewed by recipients; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Sound Judgment: Able to make a decision based on the right mixture of facts; determines a course of action after weighing and analyzing different options.
City of eden prairie Pre-Employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts professional reference and criminal history checks for all employees joining the organization. In addition, this position requires a driver’s license check (must have excellent driving record). All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
CITY OF EDEN PRAIRIE Application Process
Interested applicants should apply via the employment page on the City’s website: www.edenprairie.org
Application Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2017 at 4:00PM
Review Applications: Week of July 3, 2017
First Round Interviews: Week of July 10, 2017
Final Interviews: Monday, July 17, 2017
Pre-employment Process: Week of July 24, 2017
Expected Start Date: Beginning of August, 2017