Event Facilities Coordinator
Meeting and Event Services at Saint Catherine University seeks a full time Event Facilities Coordinator. The Event Coordinator facilitates all on-campus events for internal and, when directed, external clients. This position is expected to provide exceptional customer service, make decisions based on policies and procedures, make sure all events positively impact the college and supervise student event staff.
• Event facilitation – facilitate the execution of events including information pertaining to room set-up, audio/visual needs of the client and staffing of the event.
• Recruitment, training, and supervision of student employees.
• Professional on-site event staffing for events during regular business hours (some evenings and weekends may be required) - including assisting with audio/visual needs as requested.
• Collaborate with other campus departments including Catering Services, Facilities Management, Media Services, Public Safety, and Student Center and Activities (building managers).
• Work with internal clients (including departments and student organizations) - including facility tours (as needed), contracting, and event logistics.
• Client Meetings and Committee Representation
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office products; ability and willingness to learn event scheduling specific software is necessary.
• Event coordination experience required; supervisory experience preferred.
• Candidates must demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Customer service skills and ability to manage multiple projects/events are a must.
• Ability to be flexible in work hours is required.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. or more.
The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
Saint Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue,
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~ Tobacco Free Campus
Our campus is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.