Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leader in the metal finishing industry located in New Hope, MN. WE are seeking a Tooling Technician on a mid-shift (Monday - Friday 11am -7pm) for this exciting temporary to hire opportunity! Compensation for the Tooling Technician DOQ.
In the Tooling Technician role, you will work directly with Production and Quality Assurance to design efficient tooling to maximize load density while meeting all customer specifications and quality requirements. Continually review existing jobs to improve efficiencies of racking and develop tools to assist in making jobs more efficient and improve quality. Develop written procedures for rack maintenance and quality plans relating to tooling.
Tooling Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and fabricate tooling to maximize load density and efficiency.
- Develop hand tools for rackers and unrackers to improve efficiency and quality.
- Work directly with hand and power tools, gauges and measuring instruments.
- Work closely with the quality department when writing procedures for both special tooling and basic production tooling.
- Work directly with Production and Team Leader/Supervisor to determine daily priorities needed on tooling requirements, maintenance schedules and procedures for both special tooling and basic production.
- Mig and Tig welding of aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, and steel.
- Performs some machining operations such as, but not limited to drilling, reaming, tapping, grinding, cutting, etc.
Tooling Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- Repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to differentiate between color variance.
- Potential splash exposure near process lines.
- Responsibilities are repetitive in nature.
- Must be willing to work with various chemicals that are used in process.
- 1-2 years related experience strongly preferred.Fabrication and welding experience desired.
- Accurately communicate through both oral and written communication.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Requires strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test.
- Steel Toed boots are required.
To apply for the Tooling Technician role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Tooling Technician position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app