Product Manager - Digesters
The Program Manager will negotiate and interact with farmers, subcontractors, substrate suppliers and other vendors to establish agreements that maximize program financial performance and optimize operations. This individual should be comfortable around both power generation and digester equipment, with the ability to troubleshoot problems and determine when external vendors and technicians are required for repairs. The Program Manager must develop and implement programs related to safety, operations, maintenance, etc. to ensure that the digester program (which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) remains online and profitable.
- Interact, communicate, and negotiate with digester facility counterparts, including farmers, subcontractors, substrate suppliers, etc., to develop contractual agreements related to the digester program
- Manage contractual agreements associated with digester facilities, including but not limited to: fuel supply agreements, land lease and easement agreements, operating and maintenance agreements, power purchase agreements, etc.
- Identify and negotiate modifications to contractual agreements, maximizing financial performance of the digester program
- Use negotiation to collaborate with digester facility counterparts to identify and coordinate opportunities to improve digester performance
- Develop and manage a program operating budget
- Maintain all permits associated with digester program operations, including but not limited to: land application permits, air permits, environmental permits, etc.
- Develop and implement digester program, performance monitoring, digester health, maintenance, chemistry, etc.
- Establish, implement, and monitor trending data management plan to allow for operations optimization, various forensic analyses, etc.
- Evaluate current vendors and subcontractors, identifying and suggesting improvements as necessary
- Implement standard operating procedures that optimize program efficiency for both digester operation and power generation
- Develop and implement substrate management and acquisition plan, coordinating with dairy owner(s) and substrate suppliers
- Collaborate with ESG Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager to implement safety standards that ensure compliance with all safety regulations
- Develop and implement program that effectively ensures proper maintenance and operating procedures
- Implement and maintain effective program that manages the analysis, recording, and reporting of Carbon Credit data and information
- Troubleshoot minor tasks associated with operations, including but not limited to: performing basic repairs on equipment, diagnosing whether an outside vendor should be contacted to repair equipment, etc.
- Communicate information and coordinate with internal ESG team to develop operations and maintenance optimization
- Maintain availability for response calls, including but not limited to non-emergency, emergency, after-hour, evening, and weekend calls
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Five to ten (5-10) years' experience with digesters and electric generation
- Experience with biogas or natural gas processing equipment and familiarity with the potential hazardous environments associated with these systems
- Familiarity with dairy farm operations
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app