Administrative Assistant II, Academic Counseling & Support
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant II position within Academic Counseling & Support.
Manage office operation and provide administrative support to the Academic Counseling & Support Department, which includes the Director of Academic Counseling & Support, Associate Director of Academic Counseling, Director of Disability Resources, Disability Specialist, Accommodations Coordinator, and seven Academic Counselors. In the future, this position will provide administrative support to the Center for Student Achievement (in collaboration with Academic Counseling & Support and the Career Development Center).
1. Answering phones, greeting students, responding to initial questions, scheduling appointments in a timely and courteous manner, acting as the initial department contact for individuals internal and external to UST.
2. Closely collaborate with the department Accommodations Coordinator to distribute exams and execute various tasks for students who qualify for the accommodation of extended exam time through Disability Resources.
3. General office functions, including but not limited to:
- Editing and creating content for department website and Twitter account.
- Department communication: Individual outreach to students and community members (using Lyris, mail merges, etc.); general marketing and publicity for department.
- Logistics related to event planning: Room reservations, catering orders, registration coordination, etc.
- Maintain department statistics, produce statistics for annual reports.
- Schedule and coordinate department meetings and events to include sending invitations, reserving rooms, ordering necessary office items.
- Assist Directors with tasks related to budget planning and management.
- Maintain and purchase necessary office supplies.
4. Supervise 4-5 work-study students: Hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating of their work.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: High school education or the equivalent and two years of administrative support experience.
Knowledge of: Familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook required. Familiarity with student information systems similar to Oracle Developer (Banner) very helpful. Business arithmetic; office administrative practices and procedures; record keeping principles and practices; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation; provide strong customer service, in person and over the telephone.
Skill in: Ability to multi-task, attend to details, and anticipate and prioritize daily demands from different department members. Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures; analyzing and resolving varied office administrative problems; organizing, maintaining and researching office files. Ability to appropriately handle confidential information. Friendly and professional interactions with individuals (students, faculty and staff members, all levels of management and administration) via face-to-face and phone interactions. Ability to hire, train and supervise undergraduate student employees who will contribute to a friendly and efficient work environment.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer