Intercomp Company, a worldwide leader in manufacturing portable weighing solutions for transportation, industrial, aerospace and agricultural industries, is looking for a fulltime Technical Writer to join our team.
Can you turn something technical into consumer-friendly language? The technical writing position at Intercomp requires someone who sees content as a core asset that can be used, reused, and transformed in all the ways necessary to support Intercomp's products. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of fields!
- Researches, develops, and writes content for datasheets, manuals, documentation, and supporting materials for products.
- Gathers and researches technical information, including engineering and development information, for use in content development activities.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to become familiar with product technology.
- Identifies the links and relationships among various content components that will be assembled for various products.
- Help to specify consistent content and document requirements and attributes.
- Reviews, edits, and proofreads materials written by others.
- Reviews and tests software and hardware for accuracy and consistency with documentation, identifying problems and suggesting revisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with outstanding organization, editing and proofing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master technical content through interaction with subject matter experts.
- Ability to produce documentation that combines creativity with clarity and accuracy.
- Required Bachelor's degree. Degree in Technical Communications highly preferred or a degree in English, Journalism, or Engineering with a background in writing for a technical audience.
- Minimum of 3 years writing experience with an emphasis on technical documentation.
Please submit a sample of previous writing with your application. List knowledge of any relevant software for this position.
Intercomp is the world's largest manufacturer of portable scales for the aerospace and automotive industries. We are a fast-growing, high technology company looking for highly motivated people to join our top notch work force. We offer competitive pay, benefits, bonuses and flexible hours. Intercomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit http://www.intercompcompany.com/careers.php for more information.
Please send resume to:
3839 County Road #116
Medina MN 55340