Line Operator - Trainee
Line Operator Trainee
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leader in the metal finishing industry located in New Hope, MN. WE are seeking a Line Operator Trainee on 3rd shift (Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 6am) for this exciting temporary to hire opportunity! Compensation for the Line Operator Trainee DOQ.
In the Line Operator Trainee role, you will work closely with shift supervisors on coordinating priorities to maximize tank efficiency while meeting or exceeding required production schedules. The Line Operator Trainee also oversees process line activity to ensure highest quality end product and is responsible for training material handlers and new line operators.
Line Operator Trainee Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all loads with shift supervisor to maximize tank efficiency.
- Make sure all loads are processed to their specific process recipes. Inspect loads investigating deviations when required.
- Must have general understanding of process line equipment, such as: rectifiers, pumps, chillers, computers, cranes, etc.
- Responsible for effective communication to other shift operators regarding load progress and what must be done in order to maintain shift consistency.
- Process special loads using proper communication between Quality Assurance, supervisor and other line operators.
- Responsible for cleaning the contact pads on the work bars and tanks to ensure full electrical contact through the loads and making sure that load rectification starts as expected and that loads sit down in tanks as expected.
- Responsible for reporting equipment problems to shift supervisor so proper maintenance requisition can be submitted.
- Leads tank maintenance teams on a rotating schedule.
Line Operator Trainee Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a changing work environment between hot and cold temperatures and high humidity levels.
- Must be able to work in a loud work environment (must use hearing protection).
- Ability to operate hand and air tools.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to differentiate between color variance.
- Potential splash exposure near process lines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test.
- Steel Toed boots are required.
To apply for the Line Operator Trainee role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Line Operator Trainee position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app