Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14.15 - $15.71 / hr based on qualifications
Provides general assistance to the SMSC fleet maintenance operation to include picking up parts at vendors and retrieving and delivering vehicles to vendors and internally. Researches, orders, enters, and barcodes new parts using fleet software, and arranges part acquisitions with vendors. Completes inventory duties and completes minor repair work.
- Picks up parts for equipment from vendors. Delivers and picks up vehicles for service. Driving is an essential function of this job. Employees must adhere to the driving standards determined by the SMSC.
- Works with supervisor to determine parts and supplies that need to be ordered. Contacts vendors to order parts and arrange delivery or pick up. Enters part information into fleet software and barcodes new part. Tracks part usage and reorders when needed. Adds description to invoices for payment processing.
- Inventories parts room for accurate parts count and works with supervisor to adjust parts in stock.
- Works with I.T. to update shop diagnostic tools monthly. Completes minor vehicle repairs.
- Schedules vehicles with vendors for warranty work, body work, and other work not performed at our facility.
- Monitors preventive maintenance list and work request forms. Coordinates with supervisor, mechanics and vehicle users to get vehicles to the repair facility.
- Completes cleaning and detail work on vehicles after completion of maintenance.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance to the shop areas, and supply room to ensure they are neat, organized, safe and clean.
- Occasional tasks
- A combination of education and/or experience as a mechanic or parts person dealing with all types of vehicles and equipment, to equal two years.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Valid driver's license is required with good driving record.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- Basic computer skills.
- Outside work 25% of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- On feet or standing 75% of shift.
- As related to climate conditions. May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment (shop).
- Exposure to fumes and odors.
- Some travel may be required.