Sr Designer - Home Style
JOIN US AS A SENIOR DESIGNER - HOME STYLEAbout This OpportunityAs a designer and style leader you will create product our guests love while achieving Target's overall product strategy, quality and financial objectives. Create profitable, exclusive, owned-brand merchandise for one of the nation's most respected retailers. This position within the Product Design and Development Department will have a primary focus on Decorative Accessories.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Designer - Home Style, you will:
- Create original product, exclusive to Target, for assigned brands that achieve overall design vision and deliver on merchant/business strategies and objectives.
- See product design from concept through all stages of execution to ensure it delivers on overall design strategy, brand identity, quality expectations, user experience, and assortment strategy.
- Stay abreast of benchmarks, home industry/market trends, along with guest needs and preferences to identify recurring patterns and translate inspiration into saleable home products.
- Synthesize information and direction to develop a clear design point of view that ensures brand differentiation and style leadership while aligning with the overall design vision and merchant strategy
- Understand guest needs to inform and create relevant products and solutions
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Technical Development and Sourcing teams to ensure designs are compatible with quality requirements, vendor capabilities and pricing goals.
- Partner with domestic and overseas vendors to understand and leverage capabilities, and costing impacts for products and utilize vendors as an extension of your team
- Seek continuous improvements for all aspects of the development process, optimize/maximize resource management.
- Work in a collaborative studio environment with other Designers and Engineers. Support and mentor fellow team members.
- 4-year Degree in Design (Industrial Design, Product Design or Interior Design preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in design and product development processes, including taking product from concept through execution and partnering with overseas manufacturers
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability including color, pattern, form language, visual merchandising, commercial sense and market knowledge. Ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Proven expertise in the home décor category; additional experience in furniture is desirable
- Technical skills: Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Solidworks a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving ability