Account Manager - Selling Baby Products Savage MN
Trend Lab LLC designs and sells to retailers crib bedding, baby gifts, décor and diaper bags. Retail stores include on-line, chain stores and specialty stores.
We seek an Account Manager with 2-5 years of sales, buying, or customer / client management experience to develop strong relationships and grow business. The ideal candidate comes from a sales, buying or customer service role in another consumer products business with experience selling to retailers; or has experience in a buying office of a retail store.
Tasks will include handling customer calls and e-mails including securing and managing orders through our process for delivery, order maintenance, issues with items received, and other customer service work.
You will also work a few trade shows each year, as well as supply information and needs to our independent reps. Some travel is required.
You will execute account out-reach to sell targeted items and programs, and you will keep our client and prospect lists clean and up to date.
Building strong relationships and growing business in both existing accounts and new accounts is a key piece of this role. You must be able to work closely with a variety of people, as well as work independently to grow your assigned business. You must enjoy connecting with buyers and helping them develop a growing profitable business that pleases their shoppers and clientele. An understanding of store merchandising principles is required to be able to develop and present enticing plan-o-grams and recommend merchandise.
Strong communication skills are required in writing, on the phone, and in person. You must be pleasant with superb follow up skills. Organization and the ability to
juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and sales goals is essential. The ability to creatively develop business requires an understanding on how to gain product placement in an account that will successfully sell thru. Capturing re-orders and business growth is key. Being able to organize and execute projects in a timely manner in support of overall business goals is required.
Our company focus is to work transparently and methodically as a collaborative team. Your role is to develop and deliver profitable sales in existing and new accounts.
Proficiency is required in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point). The ability to professionally manage an array of e-mails and calls including consumer and quality questions is required. You must be able to communicate in a way that leaves people feeling good about the interaction and have a positive take away about you and our company.
This position is on the Sales team and reports to the Director of Sales. The person hired will also work closely with other sales people, the operations teams (order processing and warehouse), and with marketing, merchandising and product development.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, Power Point) using a PC
- 2-5 years related experience in sales or buying
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to connect with people and build a positive business relationship
- Ability to grow a business that is repeatable and sustainable
- Willingness to work with a variety of people in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to operate methodically, and with transparency, in a collaborative company
- Ability to independently stay on task and handle multiple projects each week, as well as handle tasks as they arise
- Sales or Buying or Customer Service experience regarding retailing consumer products (minimum 2+ years desired)
- Understanding of marketing and merchandising in a fast-paced product focused company
- General understanding of a product business, including how to work with retailers and how to merchandise product; specifically children’s or baby products including bedding, décor, gifts, bags, or other related items
- Other business and office skills and related experience welcomed
Company Hours: Monday through Thursday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Friday 7:30 am – 1:30 pm
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Trend Lab LLC
Attn: Donnelle Sampson
Fax – 952-890-9775
Please visit website to learn more about the company at -