Director Human Resources
The Human Resources Director (HRD) for Planning and Delivery leads a team of Sr HR Managers and supports the Supply Chain HR organization and the Supply Chain business teams. HRD is responsible to assess and deliver HR needs to ensure the achievement of strategic and operational business goals. HRD directly responsible for the consulting on and providing direction to HR and the business on areas including, but not limited to, delivery of critical HR initiatives, delivery of critical business initiatives, coordination of both business and HR priorities across multiple stakeholder groups.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly support Field HRDs, HQ HR Senior Director and team along with Sr HRMs and independently consult Field Leaders on holistic HR practices
- Leverage internal and external factors (new competitors, compensation, team mix/performance, diversity, etc.) to ensure the work of the HR team is prioritized to drive impact and proactively identify Supply Chain challenges & determines priorities.
- Identify Group-level trends to pinpoint gaps and capitalize on business opportunities
- Be financially accountable
- Create, model and expect a culture of compliance to protect Target's reputation and team, maintaining routines that satisfy federal, state and local laws and regulations, including minor and meal-and-rest-period laws in all distribution centers in the group; ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and handling confidential information.
- Utilize HR data to determine opportunities for improvement and develop action-oriented plans
- Foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture; create an environment of openness, trust and recognition and reward great performance
- Serves as mentor and coach to management, peers and other Target team members
- Models the way for leadership behaviors: diversity and inclusion, learning agility, guest mindset, competitive insights, culture evolution, etc.
- Be a change agent, proactively identifying the required change management strategies (communication, process changes, readiness tools, etc) to ensure the successful implementation of new initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of business experience
- Previous Generalist experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively influence leaders within the organization
- Ability to consult the business through strong business acumen and presence
- Effective critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong self-concept and ability to manage conflict well
- Resilient and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in one or more of the following: employee relations, talent acquisition, organizational strategy, or training & development
- Ability to relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes