Doherty is currently partnering with a leader in materials manufacturing and analytical Services in Brooklyn Park, MN. We are seeking Maintenance Technicians on 3rd shift for this exciting opportunity. Compensation starts at $24.00 per hour or more.
Maintenance Technician Duties:
- Setup, maintain, support, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace industrial plastic processing and associated machinery.
- -- Includes: Extruders, molders, feeders, pumps, vacuum systems, electronics (digital and analog), gauges, controls, etc.
- Participate in execution and improvement of equipment and facility preventative maintenance program and tasks.
- Support development, analytical and engineering projects.
- Support inventory of standard, expandable and specialty parts and tools to ensure equipment operation.
- Communicate directly with vendors and equipment suppliers on getting quotes.
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards.
- Promote associate growth and development within the operation team
- Provide assistance with continuous improvement efforts related to production
- Support to maintain safe and productive work areas (production, analytical, offices and shop).
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Direction of Others / Management
- Reports to Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Shift / Time Management
- All Shifts (Flexible, as negotiated)
- Estimated: 90% Floor, 10% Office
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Some post-secondary education or military experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance and repair of industrial plastics processing equipment and assorted machinery.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and heat exchange systems operation and repair.
- Basic familiarity with operation and repair of controls and drives (PLC, motor drives, etc.)
- Able to read, reference and follow manuals and schematics for equipment operation and repair.
- Strong capabilities with wide range of tools (hand, power, machining, welding, cutting, measuring and gauging, etc.)
- Self-motivated, punctual and flexible to work off-shift hours if requested.
- Ability to work alone and in small teams with good interpersonal skills.
To apply for the Maintenance Technician position, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Mechanical Assembler position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883