Director of Marketing
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Entertainment, Events, Promotions, and Hospitality Marketing
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the creation and execution of programming intended to drive increased trips and revenue from both carded and un-carded guests. Works closely with the various Marketing department leaders to ensure that a comprehensive strategy is created and executed, focusing on revenue generation and overall reinvestment levels in alignment with the budgets across all segments of our player database. Partners with the Vice President of Marketing, Marketing Division, Little Six Casino, and operational leaders in the creation, implementation, and execution of programming, including but not limited to, entertainment, events, promotions, offsite events, and hospitality initiatives, focused on enhancing visitation and loyalty from all types of guests. Works diligently to promote the core brand values of Mystic Lake Casino and Little Six Casino in all facets of programming.
Responsible for annual Entertainment, Events, Promotions, and Hospitality Marketing budgets, including the various segment revenue goals and supporting expenses to drive profitable growth in operating income. Responsible for adjustments throughout the year including forecasting and variance reporting. Approves payroll and other financial requisitions, purchase orders, and other capital expenditures.
- Work directly with the Vice President of Marketing and other Marketing Directors to lead activities in accordance with the strategic roadmap of the enterprise
- Drives the development of property calendar builds for promotions, entertainment, events, and hospitality initiatives through coordination with internal teams
- Works closely with the Director of Database to ensure that reinvestment matrices produce the most profitable outcome for entertainment, events, promotions, and hospitality initiatives
- Manages the relationship with external agencies or artists to ensure that key strategic initiatives related to Entertainment are met while maximizing revenue and driving brand awareness
- Collaborate with other Marketing teams and Operations to develop fun, exciting, and entertaining on- and off- property programming to drive guest visitation and spend.
- Coordinates with the Brand Advertising team to develop messaging to drive incremental attendance to the property
- Works closely with the Director of Player Development to ensure that programs are executed in such a way to drive increased visitation and spend by our VIP players
- Continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness and impact from our marketing programs.
Drive Revenue and Manage Expenses
- Responsible for building the annual budget for Entertainment, Events, Promotions, and Hospitality Marketing; managing expenses; and reporting on variances
- Manage multiple marketing budgets to drive revenue and market share growth, with shared accountability (with Operations teams) for property revenue and profit results.
- Ensures that Operating Departments, both Gaming and Non-Gaming, are receiving enough Marketing support to drive increased revenue
- Maintaining an accurate and timely accounting of all current and future marketing expenses for financial reporting
- Plan, analyze, evaluate, and report on all Marketing programs and staff. Directly responsible for revenue and profit targets, including the detailed analysis and reporting of revenue (gaming and non-gaming) and associated cost.
- Works with the Business Intelligence team to identify necessary analysis and definition of the market for growth and development.
Manage the Team
- Lead the on-site marketing teams to ensure flawless execution of marketing strategies including the identification of ways to increase efficiencies or improve customer service
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This includes training, development, performance management, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Oversee guest complimentary procedures in accordance with company policy and profitability standards.
- Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Ten years related work experience in a large casino environment, including five years of progressive leadership/management experience.
- Strong knowledge and background in casino marketing promotions, events, and entertainment
- Knowledge and background in hospitality marketing promotions to include hotel, restaurants/bars and spa
- Current experience providing marketing leadership in a competitive, fast-paced casino environment
- Excellent management and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated effectiveness building strong working relationships
- Superior analytical skills; proficiency in statistical analysis
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software
- Ability to review and understand legal documents.
- Outside work 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Some travel required (10%)