Nurse Practitioner - FT
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides medical treatment for patients; including SMSC Community members and their families, SMSC employees and their families, and Native Americans living in Scott County, in a clinic setting. Diagnoses and treats acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues. Teaches and counsels patients regarding prescribed medical treatments and also emphasizes wellness and disease prevention.
- Provide patients with a thorough physical examination which includes a health history, review of physical complaints, diagnostic and laboratory testing, and other diagnostic interventions as needed for the treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Review and discuss patient-specific treatment methodologies available and treatment plan options in an effort to determine which treatment is best suited for the patient's health condition.
- Under the supervision of a physician, prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Educates patients and/or families about wellness and preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Evaluate and document patient progress and adjust treatment as indicated.
- Document the examination, diagnosis, treatment plan, prognosis, and any relevant medical information for each patient within the confidential patient record.
- May refer patients to a physician or other health care provider for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Provides health education opportunities for staff on various health-related topics as requested.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- May be required to travel up to two weeks in a calendar year to treat patients through the SMSC Mobile Unit.
Nurse Practitioner requirements:
- Successful completion of a Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by and in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Must be currently certified as a Nurse Practitioner by and in good standing with the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care or business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
* This position will include every other weekend and rotating holidays*