Engineer IV - Project Manager - Surface Transportation
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Responsible for managing KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Manage projects worth a minimum of $500,000 in fees
- Responsible for project budgets and schedules
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Provide coordination of contractors
- Participate in and facilitate meetings
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- Manage multiple project teams
- Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques
- Assist with and coordinate client management activities
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- A four year degree in civil engineering is required
- PE is required
- Demonstrated capability through prior experience with Minnesota transportation projects and MnDOT protocol
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Project management experience is required
- Previous experience in senior level management
- Experience with markets, clients and projects of specific service offering
- Knowledge of the MnDOT Highway Project Development Process (HPDP) and Cooperative Agreement process
- Knowledge of MnDOT Municipal State Aid (MSA) standards/process and Minnesota Statue 429 Assessment process
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 50% of the time spent in the office and 50% out of the office.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity