FESQA Scientist - Produce
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A Food Safety and Quality Assurance Scientist
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: food safety, quality assurance, regulatory, HACCP, USDA, FDA, FSMA
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of a professional cross functional team supporting the commercialization of new products, continuous product improvement, and managing food safety and quality for Target Food and Beverage.
- Support Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) needs of Target food business for commercialization of new products, continuous product improvement, and managing food safety and quality incidents.
- Manage the qualification and on-going performance monitoring of food vendor facilities, including the review of vendor's food safety and quality assurance systems through desk audit, on-site assessments and other necessary activities.
- Provide expertise in the development of specification and process controls to ensure food safety and ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
- Analyze quality metrics, audit data, guest feedback, regulator and work group input. Highlight trends and potential opportunities, and provides continuous improvement recommendations to leadership.
- Maintain and build expertise in product regulations, product safety best practices, local public health / food service regulations and industry best practices.
- Assess and communicate food safety and quality assurance and/or regulatory guidance to internal and external partners.
- Lead project teams to develop and implement new FSQA programs or continuous improvement initiatives. Collaborate and influence cross functionally to gain buy-in and support for FSQA programs and processes.
- Ability to consistently perform in a fast-paced environment through leading and supporting multiple projects and initiatives.
- Ability to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally.
- B.S. in Food Science, Food Microbiology, or related discipline.
- Perishable & Produce experience
- 6+ years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance with a strong focus in perishables and microbiological discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs, and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of successful implementation of GFSI standard at a food manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of FDA (including FSMA) and USDA regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Capability to manage time and resources to execute projects and achieve goals.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.