Sr Accountant, External Financial Reporting
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A SR ACCOUNTANT - EXTERNAL FINANCIAL REPORTING
About this opportunity
In this role you are responsible for technical accounting research and consultation across a variety of topics, including monitoring and implementing new accounting standards and guidance. Support internal and external financial reporting for senior management, the SEC, statutory and other regulatory bodies. Work with a broad number and variety of business partners across the enterprise to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of company transactions.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Analyze new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB, SEC, EITF and other regulatory bodies to determine implications on internal and external financial reporting. Keep senior management informed of potential impacts. Implement or coordinate implementation of new guidance, including the new revenue recognition standard.
- Assess financial and accounting issues related to new and existing business strategies, operations and contracts. Communicate key issues and opportunities to management. Recommend, discuss, and document accounting and reporting treatment. Manage implementation as needed.
- Consult with Finance teams on accounting treatment for transactions and contracts. Ensure appropriate accounting policies are in place.
- Prepare and document quarterly and annual accounting analyses to support the accuracy of our current accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of disclosures (footnotes and MD&A) in external financial statements filed with the SEC and other regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the coordination of the SOX 302/404 certification process, including summarization and communication of responses for senior management.
- Maintain flexibility, awareness and understanding of internal and external reporting issues to function as a backup for other department processes.
- Special Projects as assigned by the Director - External Financial Reporting, VP - Financial Accounting and Reporting and SVP Finance and Controller.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key business partners.
- 4-Year college degree in Accounting
- CPA, with 3-6 years of experience in a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm or Fortune 100 financial reporting department
- Demonstrated technical accounting and reporting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive work environment
- Strong pragmatic client service perspective
- Proven decision making and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and credibility
- Strong project management skills