Sr. Analyst Process Innovation
Atterro and Samsung are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an Analyst to join the Process Innovation team at Samsung Electronics America in Ridgefield Park, NJ. This opportunity is ideal for a recent college graduate with 1-3 years of experience who wants to jump start their career in a corporate environment.
Why join Samsung Electronics America (SEA)?
At Samsung the key to our efforts is our people, whose talent, creativity and dedication is the foundation of our success. To compete in the global market, we focus on attracting the best talent and offer a corporate culture in which every person can excel.
Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and good corporate citizenship. Our practices have proven successful - we are one of America's fastest growing companies and an acknowledged leader in the digital convergence revolution. As one of the largest companies in the world, the possibilities are truly endless.
What is Process Innovation?
From eCommerce to Home Appliance, Process Innovation (PI) delivers results to all divisions within Samsung Electronics America. A shared service across functional areas, PI leads business units in analyzing, developing, and implementing innovative solutions and systems.
Broad reach and influence within the company make PI an ideal organization for understanding consumer electronics from the inside out. The atmosphere within the team is high speed, high intensity, and high expectation.
Who is the ideal candidate for the Analyst in Process Innovation Role?
The ideal candidate is passionate about using data driven methods for solving complex problems. Interaction with subject matter experts and management to understand situations and develop solutions consistent with our business strategies is a critical component for success. Additionally, the candidate consistently searches for ways to improve management vision by designing tools and systems to assist in the decision making process. The candidate strives for excellence in all aspects, setting the bar as a role model for the rest of the company.
We look for people who are excited about solving ambiguous business issues and making a lasting impact by transforming operations within Samsung.
• Support internal company process improvement projects and initiatives through evaluation of current work processes and identification of improvement strategies
• Benchmark internal business processes and external system solutions based on project directions given by management
• Work with manager to prepare project schedule and conduct project management
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to support project proposal or evaluation results
• Work with cross functional teams including colleagues, stake-holders and senior management on issue identification, business requirement gathering, operational process analysis and solution formulation
• Assist in preparing MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point materials to be presented within and/or outside of the PI team
• Present analysis results to internal and external stakeholders
• Prepare periodical reports to management and ad hoc reporting for specific projects
• Assist manager for all project related tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Information Management, or Business Administration
• 1-3 years’ experience in a related analytical position
• Previous data analysis and project management experience is a plus
The following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage progress for multiple activities at once
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in order to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, especially pertaining to sales, marketing, logistics, and financial functions.
• Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within a work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
• Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results
• Detail-oriented person with strong leadership experience willing to take on a challenge
• Demonstrated effective writing, public speaking, and training skills
• Ability to prepare written materials and reports
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
• Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of production team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Operate PC and product test equipment more than 75% of work time in an alternating sedentary and highly mobile position.
• Lift, move, or adjust general test equipment, boxes, supplies, materials or products weighing up to 25 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• High level of visual acuity, numeric/character distinction and moderate color distinction for accurate test equipment operation, for information analysis and error recognition.
• High hand/finger dexterity with fine motor coordination skills to perform electronic component repair work.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with electronic component test, assembly and repair work including test equipment, testing devices, technician hand tools, cables, etc; first aid kit is available and prescription safety glasses are required in certain test areas.
• Under general supervision where general policies govern, daily activities are only sometimes monitored
• Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.