4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Pro Staff and Fast Global Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Material Manager! The Material Manager manages the daily activities of material flow through all departments of the production facility focused on the efficient and accurate movement of inventory.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors. Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance report.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software and Database software.
*Each employee should be aware that changes in the job description could occur at any time. Also this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.