Pro Staff and Fast Global Solutions located in Windom, MN have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer!
This position is 1st shift. The quality engineer will work with all departments of the organization to apply quality & six sigma tools to conduct variation reduction, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction and reduce COPQ. Additionally, the position will work closely with product and process design to institute preventive measures and controls for product realization activities. The position will also participate in the development of procedures / processes supporting the ISO 9001 QMS. Up to 25% travel is required to support multi-site manufacturing operations.
• Participates in design review for current and new product development.
• Conducts or participates in DFMEA / PFMEA.
• Conducts process capability analysis and plans or leads variation reduction activities
• Analyzes manufacturing, warranty and customer feedback data to prioritize, lead or coach problem solving or continuous improvement projects utilizing quality engineering tools and six sigma tools following the DMAIC methodology
• Establishes and monitors data collection methods for the dissemination of reports to manufacturing personnel and management
• Leads project teams for the development of process elements of the QMS
• Develops process control plans and associated quality checks and error proofing
• Conducts Measurement System Analysis and creates measurement instructions / methods
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field is required and 5 years of related experience is preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED: Consummate understanding of manufacturing methods, processes and tools typical to a heavy manufacturing environment. Ability to understand and interpret weld, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic engineering drawings as well as a functioning understanding of GD&T are required. Understanding of DMAIC problem solving methodology and associated tools. Working knowledge of ISO 9001 a plus.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Basic hand and air tools, PPE, multimeter, inspection equipment including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, gage blocks, gage pins, dial indicators, straight rules, protractors, sine bar, height gage, tape measure, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.