Pro Staff in partnership with FAST Global Solutions located in Windom, MN have a current opening for a Weekend Assistant Foreman. The Foreman assists in the direction and coordination activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products to meet scheduled requirements.
• Recommend and implement measures on a regular basis to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
• Must be able to assist Plant Manager/Foreman in improving a system of production control, standard operating
procedure, safety, quality control, and performance management.
• Mentor department leads under the direction of the Foreman by providing direction, development and leadership to move to the next level.
• Recommend or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and discipline.
• Review and maintain time and production records.
• Analyze and resolve work situations and assist production workers in solving work problems and
• Have a basic understanding of all equipment and provide training on an ongoing basis.
• Initiates all necessary maintenance and repair on equipment.
• Be able to interpret production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements to ensure product is
flowing smoothly in the shop to meet ship date.
• Communicate with supervisors and leads to coordinate activities of individual departments and ensure all
components of assemblies will be completed in a timely manner.
• Be able to move parts in and finished product out of building.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop,
department or work crew.
• Follow blueprint specification and writing and requesting ECO/ECR to correct or improve process.
• Instruct all employees of FAST GLOBAL SOLUTIONS., regarding design standards and shop specifications.
• Verify First Article Inspections are done by departments.
• Assist in monitoring new employees.
• Conduct final inspection as needed.
SUPERVISORY: Assists the Foreman as assigned with supervision of subordinates in the assembly, fabrication, paint line and welding departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include involvement in the interview process and training employees; holding weekly shop meetings with Foreman; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION: One year certificate from college or technical
school; or a minimum of two to five years years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specific requirements.
• Should be familiar with most tools and equipment in shop and basic office equipment.
• Basic computer skills.
• Personal protection equipment needs to be worn when necessary.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before customers, employees, and groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
• Be able to work with other employees.
• Be able to make decisions to improve production and product quality.
• Use and be familiar with assembly and measuring tools, interpret visual aids and must be able to
perform simple shop math.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.