Pro Staff in partnership with FAST Global Solutions in Windom MN have an opportunity available for a Fixture Builder. A Fixture Builder is responsible for improving the productivity of the welding department by building jigs and fixtures.
• Studies blueprint, drawings, or sketches, and computes dimensions for laying out materials and planning model production.
• Aligns, fits, and joins parts by welding.
• Determines fixtures, machines, tooling, and sequence of operations to fabricate parts according to drawings and sketches.
• Records specifications, production operations, and final dimensions of model for use in establishing operating standards and machinery procedures.
• Consults and confers with engineering personnel to discuss developmental problems and recommend modifications to correct or improve performance of product.
• Devises and constructs jigs, and fixtures, or modifies existing tools and equipment.
• Positions and attaches stops and drills holes to facilitate welding, using drill press and hand tools.
• Inspects and tests model or other product to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
• Reworks or alters component model or parts as required to ensure performance of equipment or that the parts meet standards.
• Lays out and marks reference points and dimension on materials, using measuring instruments and drawing or scribing tools.
• Follow blueprint specification and writing and requesting ECR to correct or improve process.
EDUCATION: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be able to read and interpret blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
• Should be familiar with most tools and equipment in shop and basic office equipment.
• Personal protection equipment needs to be worn when necessary.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees.
• Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Be able to work with other employees.
• Be able to make decisions to improve production and product quality.
• Use and be familiar with welding equipment and measuring tools, interpret visual aids and must be able to perform simple shop math.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.