QC Test Tech I
Atterro is currently seeking candidates for their Quality Control Test Technician I position available at one of their client sites. The primary focus of this role will be performing production line testing, troubleshooting and repairing low voltage adjustable speed drives. These products are hallmarked for quality, performance, and durability, and can be customized to meet the most demanding applications; they are also some of the most advanced drives offered in the market. Designed with the end-user in mind, the drives feature many enhancements that maximize your system control and performance. Available in standard, heavy, and severe duty ratings, these award-winning drives can be customized to meet client’s specific needs and are suitable for use in oil and gas, mining, aggregate, agribusiness, and other countless industrial applications. These drives are known to follow the most stringent standards, and are recognized and proven to exceed the requirements for virtually any industry, application, and environment. Many of the adjustable speed drives are engineered, manufactured and designed in the Houston headquarters to allow for efficient feedback from customers and end users towards the design of the drives.
- Perform key diagnostic and quality tests on low voltage adjustable speed drives.
- Troubleshooting and repairing low voltage adjustable speed drives.
- Perform pre-power inspection.
- Respond to error messages and gather data to report discrepancies on failed units.
- Coordinate with engineering department in debugging and troubleshooting problems.
- Document test results and provide reports.
- Maintain test equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with low voltage adjustable speed drives.
- Experience working with 380 V to 480 V, Sinusodial Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM), Virtual Linear Pump (VLP) Technology, Sine Wave PWM System and Flux Field Current Vector Controls.
- Experience working with Constant Torque, Variable Torque, Automatic Torque Boost, Sensorless Vector Control, 5-Point V/Hz Custom Curve, and PG Feedback.
- Experience working with AS1, Input Circuit Breaker, Three-contactor Isolated Bypass, and Motor Bypass Overload Relays.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics.
- Experience using Digital Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Current Clamps, and Hand Tools.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Potential electrical shock from working with high AC and DC voltages and currents.
- Potential arc flash from electrical failures.
- Forklift traffic, electrical/industrial hazards.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment must be used at all times while testing.
- Standing, squatting, repetitive motions and bending in order to take electrical data on products in test.
- Some lifting is required in order to mount, replace, or upgrade equipment or units in test.
- 1 - 3 years experience
- Prefer Two-year technical degree in ET or Electronics Engineering Tech.
- Two-year Engineering degree or equivalent Electronics experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.