Lead Deli Attendant
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
The purpose of this position is to contribute to membership sales and retention; to assist with preparing menus; to promote Deli sales; prepare simple hot and cold food; to operate the Deli equipment; to maintain cleanliness of work area and Deli equipment; to conduct weekly inventories and to provide service enhancements.
- Assists in membership sales and recruits members and guests into club functions.
- Knowledgeable regarding the various functions of each department within the facility and the services or programs offered. Initiates member and guest conversations with promotional purpose.
- Ensures membership retention, repeat daily guest usage, and referrals through a high level of member and guest service delivery and response.
- Assist with creating menu. Introduce new products on a regular basis as well as rotate current recipes.
- Ensures friendly and courteous operation of the Deli. Operates equipment necessary for the sale of Deli items. Acts as sales person to the general public and up sells. Performs point of sale functions for change and cash sales. Close and balance cash registers. Prepare, audit, enter daily records and prepare daily reports.
- Prepares hot and cold food according to standards and food safety and sanitation guidelines. Ensures adequate supply of food and beverages for sale.
- Assist with receiving, invoicing and inventory to ensure proper product control and that gross profit goals are met. Maintains proper in-stock inventory. Assists Manager with Deli/Concession/food orders.
- Ensures the cleanliness and equipment operation of the Deli. Maintains neat, clean and organized counter and work area. Advises the Manager of any Deli equipment that is not working properly. Follows opening and closing procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Combination of post-secondary education and/or retail experience to equal two years
- Ability to pass basic math test
- C.P.R. / First Aid Certifications and Blood borne Pathogen or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices.
- On feet or standing 100% of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.