Lead Biomass Processing Technician - FT
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $20.84 - $23.45 / hr based on qualifications
Provide direction and leadership to team while operating and maintaining heavy, motorized equipment used in earth moving, composting and fuel processing operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides direction and leadership to team while performing composting operations duties. Inspects composting site to ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Operate a front-end loader or track loader (Bobcat) to move and manipulate organic materials. Attach implements to loaders to best handle differing materials.
- Operate a grinder to reduce products to optimal particle size for composting. Monitor, record, and adjust temperature and oxygen levels to achieve optimal composting conditions. Operate a compost turner to mix, aerate, and water materials for optimal composting conditions within windrows. Operate screener to produce a uniform and marketable finished product.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures safety devices are in working order on heavy equipment.
- High school graduate with math proficiency, along with course from the Midwestern Compost School or an equivalent class that includes best management practices for compost site operations with proof of a passing score on the proficiency test.
- Two years of experience in solid waste management, composting, or related field.
- Experience operating all equipment relevant to the operation of an organics recycling facility including front-end loaders, skid steers, track loaders, grinders, mixers, screeners, tractors, and trucks
- Experience performing routine maintenance on heavy equipment including daily maintenance, walk-around check, etc. Mechanical background preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft software products
- Ability to speak and read English
- Good customer relation skills and ability to follow directions in a team environment
- Adverse working conditions including heat, rain, cold, insects, dust, odors, etc