Educare Assistant Teacher
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14.15 - $15.71 / hr based on qualifications
Monitors the well being and safety of the children, contributes to the sales and retention, through positive communication, with families, and assist in the planning, preparation, and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum. Ability to work in a Team Environment. Enjoys working with children
- Supervises children while providing care and support to children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Promotes positive child interactions.
- Organized activities and smooth transitions are planned and implemented.
- Assists the Teacher with developing weekly curriculum involving the following areas: Physical, Cognitive, Social, Language, and Cultural/Gender appropriate. Prepares the environment to provide developmentally appropriate activities along with meeting learning objectives for the curriculum.
- Uses a variety of teaching strategies to enhance children's learning and development. Makes sure the classroom environment is appropriate.
- Records information on department sheets, ensuring appropriate language and format is used on every form when communicating to families. Passes on information or concerns to Supervisor. Communicates information to families.
- Working with a Teacher, completes biannual Family conference and informal conferences when needed, and sets up goals with families on individual child.
- Is calm and patient with children. Uses Playworks behavior guide techniques. Asks supervisor for help when needed with behavior concerns. Aware of all special needs of each child in the program.
- Recognizes injuries/incidents and completes forms using appropriate language. Communicates to families and Supervisor with confidentiality being a priority.
- Communicates effectively with children, customers and employees in a variety of ways keeping high quality customer service and confidentiality a priority.
- Keeps work environment safe for children and employees. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness. Sanitizes equipment regularly.
- Assist in evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Ensures the release of children to authorized people only.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must meet qualifications & experience requirements from the MN Rule 3 guidelines for the Assistant Teacher category.
- Must have worked a minimum of one year in an early childhood classroom.
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Pass background check, work physical and drug test.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.
- On feet or standing 80% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.