Farm Laborer - $13/hr
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
Plants, cultivates, and harvests field crops. Assist with honey collection and maple syrup operations. Works with volunteers and youth.
- Performs one or more of the following duties:
- Assist in planting and cultivating edible fruits and vegetables for a farm to market operation including greenhouse work, installation of a fruit orchard and working in a high tunnel.
- Assist in farm operations by: hand cultivation of produce, operating tractors, implements, and other machinery; harvesting and storing vegetables in preparation for delivery to market; packing and delivering produce orders.
- Assist to collect and process maple sap for the production of maple syrup. Bottle maple syrup. Deliver maple syrup to vendors at the direction of supervisory staff.
- Manage honeybee colonies for the production of honey. Harvest and bottle honey. Deliver honey to vendors at the direction of supervisory staff.
- Assist in farm-related record keeping and documentation.
- Assist with volunteers and youth groups.
This is a seasonal position. You could get up to 40 hours per week during the season.
- One year crop production experience, to include organic farming experience.
- Ability to operate farm machinery.
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- On feet or standing 90% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Outside work 90% of time. As related to climate conditions. May work in excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.