Community Engaged IPE & Experiential Learning Coordinator
St. Catherine University seeks a 0.75 FTE (30 hours a week, 52 weeks a year), benefits eligible Community Engaged Interprofessional Education & Experiential Learning Coordinator. This position is responsible for developing and deepening community engaged interprofessional education in curriculum and co-curriculum through service-learning and student employment. This individual will work to deepen our student learning and community partnership and impact with interprofessional and experiential education.
• Coordinate Career Ready internships: posting positions, interviewing, hiring students; approving timecards; implement marketing, promotional strategies to deepen work, infuse IPE across sites, positions through service-learning integration, site work, and intern efforts
• Work collaboratively across University with key partners in IPE Dept; Academic Affairs (faculty, departments); Financial Aid; Career Development to support for credit internships; and HR
• Assist in the supervision of student interns in collaboration with off-campus supervisors; support on-campus seminars and leadership development of student interns; support IPE service-learning
• Work with community partners in hosting students through courses; work with faculty members to embed and implement IPE service-learning in their course; support students to successfully fulfill their service-learning requirement
• Support current and potential or new IPE courses to develop and implement service-learning and IPE work across courses, disciplines, degree levels, semesters/years
• Build and strengthen partnerships with non-profits; work collaboratively with faculty, courses, interns to deepen student experience and relationship between St. Kate's and community
• Support ORSP in university-wide mapping/assessment of community engaged work
• Create faculty development spaces to explore interprofessional education
• Assist with grant reporting and developing a strategy for sustainability
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to and 5+ years' experience with experiential education and internships; understanding of interprofessional education; Commitment to the mission of St. Catherine University
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Discipline to work independently and follow through with minimal supervision, as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to learn and implement work responsibilities quickly and effectively
• Ability to organize a diverse set of responsibilities and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
• Experience in working with diverse populations, specifically experience in responding respectfully and effectively to people of all ages, cultures, backgrounds, in a manner that affirms dignity of all.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue * St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org